Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw Meet Elias

by jessicaturner on July 21, 2008

Matthew’s parents drove down from Maryland to meet Elias. They arrived today and are smitten by him! Here are pictures from when they each first held the little guy.

You will notice an outfit change on him – yep, another pee incident. His mom thought we were making up how much he likes to pee while being changed – and then Elias peed all over everything. lol.

Linny Best July 21, 2008 at 8:50 pm

aw! He looks so happy in her arms…sweet picture!

Dani July 21, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Such a CUTIE!!! Love it. I have something I want to send you as a gift for this lil guy. Is there anyway you can email me you address or something? Talk to ya later!

~Dani

Gods_child_123@msn.com
godsprincess08.blogspot.com

april July 21, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Love the picture of him with his PawPaw. Today marks 10 years since I lost my PawPaw. Please make sure you take TONS of pics of Elias with his grandparents (and of course, mama and daddy! ;)). What a treasure they’ll be for him! :)

Joy July 22, 2008 at 12:06 am

Those are very precious pictures! They make these funny little plastic “cups” that rest over “boy parts” while you’re changing so that you don’t get peed on. My FIL once got pee IN HIS MOUTH by one of his children (I think it was his DAUGHTER—yes, girls can squirt you too!).

I’ll try to find a link for the product I’m talking about.

Joy July 22, 2008 at 12:09 am
Sara July 22, 2008 at 12:26 am

That first photo needs to be titled, “Mutual Admiration Society.”

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen two people with such similar expressions of, “Finally… we meet.”

sara

the parental unit July 22, 2008 at 3:21 am

I found it quite handy to have a box of tissues close to the changing table with my 3 boys…just have a tissue ready when you pull the diaper down and cover him up with it. It sure saves on both of your clothes changes 😉
I’m glad to hear that you’re all adjusting so well.

Mary Lou July 22, 2008 at 4:24 am

I love these pics of Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw : ) Elias looks like he is smiling with his Maw-Maw!! They look great and BTY your info on breast feeding brings back memories, some good some painful! Glad you are asking for help when you need it! You are too funny! Enjoy!

Anonymous July 22, 2008 at 4:25 am

Wow – he is putting on some serious poundage! Love the cheeks!

Nathan July 22, 2008 at 4:37 am

He is so freaking adorable! Wow! I love the picture of him with MawMaw!

Tonia July 22, 2008 at 12:27 pm

What a sweet moment for Elias to meet his maw-maw and paw-paw. I bet he is getting lots of cuddle time in!

I have 1 daughter and 2 sons and the best advice I received for diaper changes with the boys was to use washcloths! Baby ones or regular ones. Just keep a stack handy. You just lay it over his little privates and they are so absorbent. Good luck :)

Take care! Tonia

Lee July 22, 2008 at 5:41 pm

He is utterly blissfully peaceful with his Maw-Maw! LOVE IT! And could Paw-Paw be any prouder?

Kelly July 22, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Here is how we handled the crazy little boy diaper changes when our little Grant came along …

Put the new diaper under his bottom before taking off the wet one off. When you remove the wet one, you have half way to having a new on him. Also, make sure you point his boyness down. It goes along way in saving clean clothes! Hope my unsolicited advise helps.

We learned the hard way. Our first was a little girl. Best of luck to your new family. Being a Mother is the hardest job I have ever loved!

Lissette July 22, 2008 at 9:47 pm

I love the photos! Precious!

tab July 22, 2008 at 10:51 pm

The picture with his grandmother made my heart melt. Those first few moments of meeting somone are so special. You captured the essence of the moment beautifully.

Tirzah July 22, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Dear Jessica,
Congratulations on your beautiful, beautiful son; I cannot believe the labor you endured, you’re such a trooper. It’s so nice that no matter what you have to go through to birth your baby, it’s always worth it. :)

I just wanted to share that my second son Matteas was quite the pee champion, and I found it helpful to keep a stack of wash cloths handy. I’d slide a changing pad under his bum, pull his clothes away from the blast zone, then as soon as I unveiled his manhood I’d plop a folded wash cloth on top(even if he was poopy). It actually cut down on my laundry load, as the wash cloths took up less space than the countless outfits that got piddled on every day.

I found your blog through Angie and have enjoyed reading about your and Matthew’s parenting adventures. Elias is adorable, I’d like to bite his cheeks. Congratulations!

-Tirzah Mounsey
P.S. I have some very un-Christian responses to the Smoothie King guy, but instead I’ll ask God to enlighten his ignorant heart and expand his limited understanding of women’s bodies. It took me almost a year to lose the baby weight. It takes nine months to gain it, I don’t know why anyone expects it to take less to get rid of it.

Wendy July 24, 2008 at 2:44 pm

I love love love that picture of your sweet baby with his grandmother!!! He looks so content and happy that she is holding him. That is worth framing. Thanks for sharing!