Bye Nana and Papa

by jessicaturner on July 30, 2008

My parents left Nashville early this morning. We were sad to see them go. It is hard living far away from our families, but thanks to the Internet, we are at least able to keep in touch through video chat and our blogs.

Last night we took a few pictures with my tripod. I love the one at the top and the two below.

Today it was just Elias and me, while Matthew worked at Starbucks. I think Elias must have missed all the company and was bored with just me because he was awake all day and fussy on and off (he normally sleeps about 16 hours a day). He also was hungry A LOT, which was exhausting for me. Of course, Matthew came home, said I could go nap and then and Elias went right to sleep for him. Totally bogus. :)

Colette July 31, 2008 at 12:25 am

I’ve just sat here starring at the screen for the last few minutes thinking, ‘Matthew is an author, why does he have to work at Starbucks too!?’.

Clearly a new baby is more expensive than you thought and you’re having to take on extra jobs 😉 Jessica have you thought about Smoothie King?

Mrs. Elle July 31, 2008 at 12:44 am

I experienced the all day fussiness and nursing me dry just a few weeks ago. Elias is a month old now? Or close to it? I researched and that happened to Amelia when she went through a growth spurt. All of the literature said that things should go back to normal in a couple of days and sure enough! It did AND she was definitely much bigger at her month check-up. Hang in there!

Jessica Turner July 31, 2008 at 1:14 am

clarification – matthew was writing on his laptop at starbucks – not working as a barista :)

3QTGUYS July 31, 2008 at 2:27 am

Ha! How funny!

Anyways, Jessica, isn’t that to be expected…..of course they sleep for Daddy! That is how it always is!

Glad to see y’all are doing well!

Joy July 31, 2008 at 3:51 am

That’s what babies do! It’s like they have a radar “SLEEP WHEN DADDY IS IN THE VICINITY”.

My youngest won’t ever sleep for me, just her daddy!

Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 4:50 am

Sweetheart…love the pics, but I wish i was still there holding your little Elias…..Gosh that Chicago traffic was a nightmare….but Elias was worth every minute of that long drive home. xoxo mom aka Nana

Sara July 31, 2008 at 5:40 am

Aww, those are great! And I have to tell you woman, you look FANTASTIC! Your face is so thin already, and motherhood obviously suits you :) What a lovely family… your parents look just a smidge proud!

Blessings on your day…
sara

Amber Ulmer July 31, 2008 at 1:14 pm

how awesome! What sweet grandparents! YOu guys are just such a sweet family. Can’t wait to see you this weekend… and hold that lil munchkin finally not to mention photograph him!! xo

Barrett & Jen July 31, 2008 at 2:28 pm

We have two toddlers & a 5 week old. My husband is the only one who can get all three to sleep at the same time as opposed to usual tag team of one up two down, etc. I tell him he entirely too boring to stay awake for :o)

Kelli :) July 31, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Awe, the pictures are so great!
You look beautiful, Jessica!

Elias is getting so big! He’s darling!

Kristin July 31, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Great! After eating so much and being awake all day, you might get a better night’s sleep! (That’s what sometimes happens with my little one–about the same age as Elias–but it’s so hard to tell. . . these babies are so unpredictable.)

I agree. . . you’re looking great!

Lindsay August 2, 2008 at 7:59 pm

Hi Jessica! I found my way over to your blog from Angie’s blog and have been following your blog since Elias was born, (he is so handsome by the way). Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you look amazing. You have the new mommy glow and it looks so great on you. God Bless you and your beautiful family!

Colette August 4, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Jessica you knew I was kidding right? I got that he was writing rather than as a barista lol.

It’s the British sense of humour, I forget that it doesn’t always come across online!