A Quickie

by jessicaturner on July 7, 2008

Just wanted to post a quick update that I did not go into labor over the holiday weekend. I had an appointment this morning and my midwife said I could go within the next week. So, if Elias is ready, we are ready!

Joy July 7, 2008 at 4:52 pm

It’s crunch time! Enjoy this last week as a family of two!!!

Bevy July 7, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Congrats and hope that you relax and take it easy … God bless and praying for you!

Michele July 7, 2008 at 6:23 pm

I was thinking of you over the weekend with the heat we had in PA. I can remember how uncomfotrable I would get at the end. I was pulling Bamboo for 2 days staright- got it almost done and you popped into my mind! Why exactly I do not know since pulling Bamboo is the last thing you would ever do a week before you give birth- unless you were planning on giving birth in the field afterwards- HA HA HA
Anyway maybe you were feeling tired, overhelmed, anxious- whichever it was I prayed for you in the middle of a bamboo field on my property.
Much love and hugs,
Michele
PS I emailed you my testimony and I am the one who too was on bed rest for 6 weeks last week.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Karen July 7, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Was wondering what was going on with the baby. Glad all is well and he will be here soon. Take car!

Angie Smith July 7, 2008 at 7:34 pm

i’m ready now.

loved your birth plan…

a

Kelley July 7, 2008 at 8:34 pm

I am so excited for you! I read your blog and your husband’s blog. When you guys hadn’t updated yet I thought you might have had Elias this weekend. Congrats on it being this week. Everything is going to be great!

Kelley in Arkansas

Jenn A. July 8, 2008 at 1:06 am

So excited for you and your new babe! I can’t wait to hear about your new little one!!! :) Jenn A.(fellow scrapper)

Anonymous July 8, 2008 at 3:38 am

I’m a granma of 2 and a mom of 2 as well. I was never told until recent years that the child-rearing time of a marriage generally is a small percentage of your life. As you have kiddos though, you will think it will last forever!! It doesn’t! It goes way too quickly….so savor these moments. Even the uncomfortable last pregnacy moments!
Once “he” is here…your life will take on a “life” of it’s own!
Blessings to you and your husband! I’ve been enjoying reading your blog after finding you through Angie’s and from her’s Nitty Gritty. Yes, I’m an avowed lurker…or whatever the term is on the net. LOL!

Nicki July 8, 2008 at 6:24 am

I am wishing you all the best. I have three children 12,11 and 9 and you brought back memories of when we had our first and I can still remember the drive from home to the hospital and the plans and things we talked about on the way as a family of ‘two’. Cherish every moment.
Nicki

Dave Carrol July 8, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Hey there… praying for and your hubby that it all goes wonderfully!

Just so ya know :)

Amy P. July 8, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Just today I was reflecting over the birth of our first child (my little girl is 2 and I am due in October with our little boy) and it is just unbelievable to think that you walk into the hospital as husband and wife, and leave as a family! It is such an exciting time. Enjoy your last few moments together with your husband, a new season of your life is approaching!It is natural to want to get started as a new family and to meet your little guy, but you can never get back these last few days…the calm before the storm :)

anglswngs July 9, 2008 at 12:34 am

I found your blog through Angie’s and have been reading regularly. As a mommy of 3 ages 3, 21 months and 12 weeks, my advice to you is enjoy that rest while you can!! Looking forward to your big news anytime.
Debbie Landon