What a week this has been. I have been very emotional, for many reasons. I don’t think Matthew knows what to do with me. I cry daily, usually multiple times a day. This morning I woke up and just started crying. I think I am just overwhelmed with the amount of change that has been happening and is about to happen. And I blame hormones too. So, I am looking forward to being home this weekend and doing ordinary life things… I think it will be good for me.
This weekend we were going to paint Eli’s room, but I don’t think that is going to happen until next week or weekend. We have a lot of little things that we want to check off the Turner to-do list. Here are a few of the things I have planned:
- Begin to liberate myself with photo freedom: In cleaning out the guest room/scrapbook room (soon to be Eli’s room) I found several photo boxes of photos – duplicates, photos I never scrapped, etc. Well, I decided that I better get organized prior to Eli’s arrival, since the likelihood of that happening once he arrives is slim to none. I ordered a set of the steel files that Stacy Julian recommends, and I hope to start to group photos together and get ready for these “category drawers,” which are supposed to arrive Monday. I also am going to pick up a couple albums this weekend for photo storage of some of the remaining photos that don’t make it in the drawers. (On a personal note, I have had the pleasure of getting to know Stacy a bit over the past year, and I think she is one of the most genuine and brilliant creative minds I have ever met. She truly has influenced my life – particularly when it comes to scrapbooking and my philosophy of capturing my memories. If you have never read her books or blog, start. (The Big Picture is 50% off right now – go buy it!) You will be glad you did.)
- Clean out my closets/dresser: I have too many clothes. I have already come to grips with the fact that my body is not going to be the same after pregnancy and so now is the time to rid myself of the clothes I will likely not be able to wear post-Eli. Matthew got rid of FOUR bags of clothes last weekend, and I should be able to do that too.
- Clean the carpeting in Eli’s room: Since there is little furniture in there right now, now is the time to clean the carpet. We have been discussing getting new carpet in our condo, but I don’t know that it is going to happen – at least not before Eli arrives.
- Major Target run: Last weekend I overdid it by running errands all day Saturday. So, I am not going to do that again, but I am going to do a major Target trip. We are low on a lot of household staples and need to stock up.
- Church: Because of traveling and what not, it has been a few weeks since I have been to church. We are starting a new series at Cross Point about noise – the things of life that distract us from intimacy with God. Such good timing. Life is really noisy for me right now. Check out the promo on Pete’s blog.
What are your weekend plans?