I thought I would take a few minutes to reflect on my pregnancy thus far. I am at 12.5 weeks, so almost finished with the first trimester (thank God). I am a terrible journaler, so with the exception of a few lines in The Belly Book every week, I haven’t written down much. Overall, I can honestly say I have not really enjoyed being pregnant, but everyone says that will fade once the second trimester kicks in. I hope so.
1. Weight – While crackers help with nausea, they also help with weight gain. 🙂 I have gained a bit more weight than I would like, but I am taking it in stride. I keep reminding myself that this is my first pregnancy and everyone is different. I am convinced half of the extra weight is in my chest anyway.
2. Energy – I have had no energy for 12 weeks and it is getting old. I have been nicknamed “the energizer bunny” throughout my life, but that is NOT the case during pregnancy. I basically sleep, eat, work and sleep some more. I am hoping that the second trimester brings on some energy. My house is certainly suffering from lack of dusting, vacuuming and the like… Matthew being on deadline does not help the cause either.
3. Excitement – after seeing the baby on Friday, my excitement has increased substantially. I am excited to kiss its little cheeks, fingers and toes. To hold him or her close to my chest. to just BE a mommy.
4. Is it a boy or a girl? I am dying to know the sex of the baby – only about 7 weeks to go!!
5. Exercise – thanks to exhaustion and nausea, I have not exercise during the first trimester. Yesterday was my first time at the gym in a long time and it felt good. I hope to get there a few times a week for the rest of my pregnancy.
I am on a mission to find some cute, unisex bird bedding for the nursery. If you know of anywhere that carries this, please let me know. I would be grateful. Everything I have found is very pink.