YEA! It is finally Friday. This week was a long week for reasons I won’t go in to, but safe to saf TGIF in a major big way. I am so excited for this weekend because:
- I am teaching at the Fellowship Bible Church women’s Garden Party workshop – this year the church is hosting a one day speing workshop. At this event they are offereing 23 different workshops! I am teaching a 4×4 altered canvas class using the infamous My Mind’s Eye wild asparagus paper, ribbon and a sweet little flower. I am so excited about this class because most of the women in my class will never have done anything like this before. So fun!! I have the kits all put together and my sample ready to go. I just need to get everything packed in a box.
- It’s the Music City Badgers First Founders Day: I am the founder on the University of Wisconsin alumni chapter here in Nashville. We have done just a couple events over the past two years, but it is always fun. This year we are hosting a founders day, which is sponsored by the University. The Vice Chancellor is coming to give a UW update, as well as a WAA representative. It’s a big deal. That is happening Sunday at noon.
Other plans for the weekend include:
- Fasting – for the third week in a row I am fasting for three days in hopes that it helps my detox. Yesterday I did great for about 8 hours and then ended up having a full-on dinner. Oh well. 13 weeks of this is really starting to get to me. Maybe today will go better. Water anyone? 🙂
- Laundry – we have an insane amount of laundry right now and next weekend we are going visit Matthew’s family, so I REALLY need to get it all done this weekend.
- Dusting – the pollen in Nashville is awful and I think is creating more dust and stuff in the area… everything needs a major dusting job.
- Scrapbooking – what weekend would be complete without it? I am hoping to respond to a couple page calls that are out there and am toying around with the thought of entering a couple contests, so hopefully creativity will abound this weekend.
Whew! That’s a lot to do in one weekend. But, it will be good. Not eating saves me a lot of time. 🙂